:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Monday, April 27, 2009

Eventually.


I was cleaning out my room and two pieces of paper fell out of an old journal. It seems that during my senior year at Pepperdine, I had created a bucket list of sorts. It looked something like this...

Eventually, I hope to...

Work for a magazine.
Live in a new city.
Take a hot air balloon ride.
Do mission work in Africa.
Teach exercise classes.
Visit Thailand and Costa Rica.
Take a photography class.
Rebuild New Orleans.
Take on a crazy entrepreneurial challenge, like opening a bookstore/coffeeshop.
Run another marathon.
Vacation in Italy.
Write a book--who cares if no one reads it?
Start and maintain a prayer journal.
Paint something.
Work/volunteer for St. Jude even after college.
Finally learn to play the guitar.
Work as an event planner, either for non-profits or corporate organizations.
Read the Bible cover to cover.

I love that I found this list. It's so interesting to see what I envisioned myself doing a year ago. I've accomplished some of these things, lost interest in a few of these things and am still pursuing the rest of these things. 

It's a great reminder of all the incredible opportunities that life has to offer, and of all of the things my little collegiate self thought were possible to achieve. I think it's easy to, once you enter the real world, forget all of those dreams you once had. It's not hard to become disillusioned, believing that goals you desired to accomplish are way too far out of reach. They're not, though. Keep dreaming.