:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Friday, June 26, 2009

This is to be My Symphony.

Madrid, Spain.

I read this quote in a book my mom gave me called Things I Want My Daughters To Know. I got chills as I read the beautifully constructed phrases. Truly, this quote is a work of art and it is has indeed become my personal symphony.


To live content with small means;
To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion;
To be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich;
To study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly;
To listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart;
To bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never.
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common.

This is to be my symphony.

:: William Henry Channing ::


Segovia, Spain.

Madrid, Spain.

Segovia, Spain.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

we are indeed soulmates. i blogged this very gem of a quote with a picture including you. i mean, i don't think i could love you more.

The Everyday Grace said...

I love this. The quote, the pictures, all of it. xx