:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Forever on the Dance Floor.

Celebrating the Spences in Napa Valley.

:: It's like I waited my whole life for this one night
It's gon' be me, you, and the dance floor. ::

-- Chris Brown

Brad Blakey is always the best date because he unabashedly loves to dance. He was my date to Pi Phi formal my senior year at Pepperdine and that was when I realized how much I appreciate it when people can dance anywhere, anytime. Besides the fact that I adore him, this was a huge factor in my decision to ask him to be my date to Karli and Nick's wedding in Napa Valley. Another good thing about Brad is that he doesn't seem to mind when I repeatedly want to get down to Chris Brown's, "Forever," my favorite dance party jam. And by repeatedly, I mean every day.

I would prefer to have dance parties on a daily basis, but because of jobs and other such limitations, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to wait for epic occasions like Kar and Nick's nuptials (although sometimes, I admit, I've been known to host impromptu dance parties in parking garages, friends' kitchens, and grocery stores). In those situations, I depend on a date like Brad to be just excited about the evening's dance party as I am. And he always lives up to the expectations I have for him. In fact, he usually surpasses them.

I've noticed that many people are uncomfortable with strutting their stuff on the dance floor, and this realization has allowed me to learn how much I appreciate those people who don't give a care in the world what others think about their moves. So here's to you, Mr. Blakey, for always being the perfect date, the perfect friend who will never fail me on the dance floor.


Also, I would like to have the acoustic version of "Forever" played as
my first dance at my own wedding someday.
Please, no one steal this idea.

No comments: