:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Sunrise Project.


I love YouTube. Because of this simple site, I've fallen in love with online personalities like Debra (of Jackie and Debra), Dave Barnes, Judy Grimes, and Hitman Breaker of the Eye. Their performances are hilarious, wild, insane, and, frankly, genius.

But there's one online video that's really struck a chord with me. It was produced by my friend, JJ Starr, who is a senior at Pepperdine University. He's an aspiring videographer and, if you ask me, he's already made his mark as a documentary filmmaker. He spent the month of October filming the sunrise from different vantage points in Malibu. What he and his roommate learned throughout the filming process was so profound to me. I won't over-analyze what they taught me; instead, I think that you should check it out yourself.

(As an aside, I'd like to share the photo below as a reminder of how brilliant Shea Miller is for dressing up as our favorite YouTube character, Debra, for Halloween last year. If only I could relive that night...)

1 comment:

Shea Miller said...

Look, everybody! It's Stephanie Berger's House!