:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks, Posted Late.

Wait, it's December already. Really? Time has flown. September dragged along so slowly; it was definitely the most difficult month for me. There was so much transitioning occurring--school had started and my friends and I weren't returning, jobs were sparse and I wasn't yet working, some relationships in my life were ending and I was adjusting to my new life in Santa Monica.

So much has changed since then, job-wise, faith-wise, relationship-wise and, basically, life-wise. I feel so blessed to be at the point of life that I'm in now. Though this isn't an original idea, I wanted to take some time in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons to jot down some things that I am so thankful for in my life.

apartment 509. bs 1 and 2. having the luxury of saying, "oh, i'm just going to go downstairs and grab some starbucks."
speaking of starbucks, red cup and holiday drink season.
stuffing, potluck potatoes, broccoli casserole and turkey. pumpkin pie and persimmon pudding. morning quizzes accompanied by prize money. wheaton, illinois. mom, dad and brother. "what happens in vegas," coupled by mimosas. john mcbride, my pseudo-grandfather.
scarves, uggs and wintry breezes.
december beaching. montana avenue. having to over-compensate with decorations because southern california doesn't exactly have the same seasons that we do in the midwest...which i'm actually very thankful for.
twinkling white lights, ice skating and gingerbread houses.
home-cooked meals. community group. laughter. mulled wine. gossip girl reruns.
"it's better in a sweater" parties. holiday soirees in west hollywood.
the anticipation of a weekend spent with the most wonderful women in the world (exculding my momma, who is unable to attend).
christmas gifts and tree loans from my fantastic boss at cmpr. company lunches and coffee breaks. maggie, cmpr's resident puppy.
the brink of a budding career with the touch a life foundation.
candy canes and mint cookie joys.
the return of the greatest two-disc christmas compilation known to mankind. family secret santas and excessively long e-mail chains.
jesus: the reason for the season.
ski weekends in vail. johnson + joyce. snowflakes, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, north face jackets and memories in the making.
december prayer lists. world vision's gift catalogue. evergreen trees and christmas ornaments.
good health, great friends, fabulous family.
the best life.

1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

Amen, and yes please! To all the above :)