:: current thought ::

:: our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ::

henry david thoreau

Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl.

Wasn't it fun to finally watch a Super Bowl game that was competitive and full of surprises? The first half of the Cardinals vs. Steelers match-up yesterday was a bit slow but the second half was fantastic. Santonio Holmes' touchdown catch was the perfect depiction of poise and grace. His athleticism and the control he exercised over his body (planting those toes in the end zone takes concentration) defined the difference between college and professional football.

As a loyal Bears fan, I wasn't particularly concerned about who might win the game; I was more interested in watching 60 minutes of entertaining football/combat. That's what viewers got yesterday: A GAME. It's a good thing, too, considering that the commercials were nothing special. 

More important than the game (no offense, Cardinals/Steelers fans) was the time I got to spend with my fabulous friends. About 15 of my favorite people gathered at Erin, Megan and my lovely Santa Monica apartment to watch the game, consume too many snacks and just be together. I love having people over. Our apartment is big enough to hold a large-sized group of people but small enough to keep the setting intimate. Every evening, we witness the SaMo Glow (the bright, golden awesomeness as the sun is about to start setting) from our balcony. Eventually, the golden rays turn into brilliant sunsets, which we also can see from our apartment situated conveniently five floors off of the ground. I love being able to share in the coziness of my home with my great friends. Having us all together was the best part of the day, really. Not to mention the fact that an hourlong episode of "The Office" followed the Super Bowl. Though I'm an outdoorsy person at heart, there is no place I would have rather been yesterday than perched atop my couch, inside of my lovely apartment with friends I wouldn't trade for the world.

No comments: